Winter Tour – Experience a piece of Alaskan history along with sled dogs on this remote trip.
A great way to see remote Alaskan wilderness from the air in an Alaskan bush plane on skis!
Fly directly to the Lodge; spend 3 nights at our historic Tolovana Roadhouse.
Day activities include:
- Mushing school (learn to drive your own team)
- Exploring trails by dog team out of Tolovana
- Enjoying optional snowmachine adventures
- Optional overnight camping
- Optional ice-fishing
Night activities include:
- Aurora viewing
- Enjoying the wood-fired sauna
- Relaxing in the comfort of this remote peaceful historical lodge
- An overnight stay in Manley Hot Springs is also available for an extra fee. Manley Hot Springs is located 32 miles west of Tolovana Roadhouse by trail.
A great tour for those who want to spend more time learning the art of mushing, enjoy camping and want to go a bit deeper into Alaska’s winter wilderness. See historical info about the Tolovana Roadhouse.
All necessary equipment provided, including Arctic outerwear. All overnight adventures include Mushing School and snow machine assistance is provided for carrying gear and setting up camp. Guests will be responsible for base and mid-layer clothing. (e.g. arctic weight long underwear, fleece jackets & pants…) Please see the packing list for more information on what to bring.
Hands On: Includes mushing school with one-on-one instruction and practice, along with an overnight trip where you will learn how to feed and take care of the dogs in the backcountry.
Educational/Informative: Learn all about running sled dogs, how to mush and get to ask all the questions you want for 4 days 🙂
*Deposit required to book
*For reservations please contact us.
Important Note: You will receive a “confirmation” email when you are fully booked for your tour. The 1st email you will receive only “requests” your reservation. Usually, a full confirmation will be provided within 48 hours.